Crown of Thorns propagation

Reaction score
Country
India
I have cut a stem of crown of thorns to propagate and have planted it in pot. About 4 days after potting the cutting, the leaves are turning yellow. So is it normal for the leaves to turn yellow or is the cutting drying up and won't root?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am told you should leave the cutting on a paper towel for three or four days to heal over the wound; not the sort of thing you would normally do so I am wondering if you did?

Reaction score
Country
India
I saw some videos on YouTube and they said to let the wound dry for a few hours only, so i only let it dry for 3 hours and then planted it.
Does it matter too much if we don't let the wound heal over?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Not really. The yellowing leaves are normal. The cutting has no roots to supply water and nutrients so it's shedding leaves. Keep it JUST Barely moist and in the very brightest warm location you have. They can even take some direct sun. They root fairly quickly and you should see new growth in about a month.

Ask a Question