Crop circles

Reaction score
Our lawn gets dark circles all over the place, I know it is a fungus of some sort, and sometimes mushrooms grow in it, but I don't know how to get it gone. I would like to keep everything natural if possible, ideas? We water our lawn from canal water, if that makes any difference. We probably over water too...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
since you get mushrooms also, maybe cut your watering back, let the soil dry well before the next watering. It might kill the fungus off.

Reaction score
I have tried that, no such luck. I know it does not hurt anything, just looks bad. So if I cant find a natural way to fix it, will just live with it. Any more ideas?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
this looks like a peroxide base, says safe

http://www.naturalenviro.com/productinfo.php?sku=TCYTE-13&surl=turf-fungus-control

vinegar

If you are having a fungus problem, look in your kitchen cabinet or pantry for the answer. Vinegar has so many uses and killing fungus is one of them. Add about 3 or 4 tablespoons per gallon of water and use a sprayer to cover problem areas. Water your lawn in the early morning hours. If you wait till the cool of the evening, the water will not have the opportunity to go through its natural evaporation process, thus encouraging fungal growth. Another way to control fungus is to apply liquid seaweed. It is chocked full of the nutrients that lawns need. Apply it monthly for the full benefits of this cure-all. It is very inexpensive!

baking powder

Fungus can be killed with an array of different products. Baking powder mixed with water can be sprayed over an infected area and the baking powder will act as a neutralizer to eradicate the fungus. Plain corn meal is another natural ingredient that will accomplish the same result. Before using any product, natural or otherwise, it should be determined which kind of fungus is present and which product would be best used as a lawn fungus treatment.
Another important part of lawn fungus treatment is to make sure the soil and grass has enough nitrogen present. Too much, or too little nitrogen can cause problems with allowing fungus to grow. The right fertilizers should be used in the correct amounts to make certain that a lawn receives the most beneficial amount of nitrogen and other elements.

j.w

Reaction score
If you have Fairy Ring mushroom circles in your yard the garden guy on our radio says you can cut a piece of one circle out and transplant it to another circle and they will kill each other off. Guess each circle has it's own chemistry and will fight to the death against invaders but somehow kills the whole circle. Never tried this but what can it hurt to try?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
what are fairy ring mushroom circles .never heard of them .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
oh my goodness I have never heard of that how interesting to see .Now will be watching my yard for fairies to visit and do that .Put sign out that says fairies welcome

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I guess so but they are pretty and wonder why or who gave them the name of fairy circles

Ask a Question