Crepe Myrtle Unleashed

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United States
When we started removing the shrubby growth to try to get it to tree shape, we had a pick-up truck loaded with trimmings. This is a very old-fashioned Crepe, and comes easily from cuttings. I have given rooted cuttings to a few friends, but always warn them this isn't one of the nice, tame modern Crepes. This one is a monster!

Reaction score
Country
United States
DirtMechanic and Becky, I have no intention of seeing if the root ball is as large as the above ground growth. There are some things I just don't need or want to know!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I understand. I find digging to be a least favorite activity. I had an idea about replacement but learned from B that there would be a wait period to ensure a dead root. I am still musing about replacing these with the japanese crepe that has red bark, but they are nice, so most likely the new variety would have to find a home elsewhere on the property.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question