Creeping thyme ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I planted some thyme seeds,july last year,this thyme survived winter,didn't know if this is common thyme or creeping thyme ? ? and is there a difference in taste ? ? CAM00060.jpg CAM00059.jpg
CAM00060.jpg
CAM00059.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Talking about thyme I remember what I saw in New Zealand. The driver of our tourist bus pointed it out to me. The green that one sees covering the low lying mountains he said was thyme.

NZthyme.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
It looks more like common thyme and no I never noticed a difference in taste. the creeping thyme I have does not bush up that high. I noticed that my herbs did very well in the raised bed despite how terrible the winter was up here, the rosemary and thyme especially look real good but I managed to kill the oregano that had made it thru the winter. That's what I get for trying to move stuff. I put in a Russian sage about two years ago and that seems like it will go again this year, I am pretty happy about that because it is delightful in herb butter.

Ask a Question