Creating a garden around a garden tub

Reaction score
I have tried several times to literally grow a garden around my garden tub. It has been a lot of trial and a few errors. While it is ideal for watering plants or plants that like humidity, it doesn't get a lot of sun. Right now it mainly consists of dracaena and golden pothos. I want the area to consist mainly of various shades of green with a few pops of color here and there. The next addition I plan to make is a bromeliad with the red fan tail flower. I think it will nicely add to the look that I am trying to achieve.

Reaction score
That sounds like a wonderful project, something that has a real creative process to it. Keep at it, you'll eventually find the plant and color combinations that will work for you. Can't wait to see some pictures.

Reaction score
I grew coral bells around my garden pond when I had it. They are low growing so you can see the fish and put up lovely spikes of pink flowers. They do well in partial shade, so you may want to try them. And ferns are always a lovely addition around a pond.

Reaction score
Sounds like a very interesting project you have going on there; would love to see a picture of your garden.

Reaction score
That sounds like such a wonderful project! I'd have loved to see a picture of it tho, your description did nothing but make me feel even more curious about how your project looks! I hope you can share a picture of it one of those days :) I'd love to see it!

Ask a Question