Crazy growth this year!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
We have all our veggies in planter with most on our deck away from critters. Large planter with water reservoirs - usually do good. This year we had a late start due to frosts late in the year. I keep track of the growth and in the last month, the plants have gone crazy. We have shishito peppers, pepperoncini peppers, poblanos peppers and Bumble bee cherry tomatoes in the planters. The growth over the last month has been amazing. Have not got any tomatoes yet but have been canning the shishitos and pepperoncine peppers for the last week. Pics are planters on June 10th and July 10th!
035.jpg
044.jpg
045.jpg
046.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, how impressive is that!! What are you feeding them with @Mrsclem ? I understand that this happens especially when we get thunderstorms - something to do with nitrogen - not sure, because I'm not too scientific, but Zigs was waffling on about it the other day.
Lovely strong plants, I'll bet you're well pleased (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Thank you! Yes, very happy with the growth and yield. May not be good news to some members but we use MG potting mix, Osmocote after 2 weeks. Watered with MG every week after. We have had good luck with this, change the soil out every year. This is the best we have had and considering we had 3 late frosts, happy with it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I believe Osmocote to be about the best slow release you can find, and have also used this for years. I was introduced to it many years back whilst working at the nursery, and have stuck with it ever since.
Those are rather snazzy supports as well.

Ask a Question