Could this be Black Spot? I don't think so, but need to confirm with folks smarter than I

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Planted these roses this year. We live in Utah, so it's been consistently dry. I drip irrigate them as well. I've looked black spot up online and it seems to be darker and more pervasive than this. Any thoughts? Your helps is always appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_0519.jpeg
    IMG_0519.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0520.jpeg
    IMG_0520.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 107
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Thank you, Tetters. The good news, I believe, is it has NOT spread. I believe that is because I have treated it twice this year with a fungicide. Perhaps the infected leaves are those that were not properly sprayed by me. I'm supposed to spray them every 14 days. Sounds like I need to be more careful with that spraying. I'm going to remove each infected leaf, spray and watch closely to see if we have a contagion.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I agree with Tetters. May I suggest you spray the soil around the base of the rose too as spores will survive there and re-infect.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
A simple and effective fungus control for any plant is another beneficial fungus named Trichoderma. This fungus literally eats harmful fungi. There are Trichoderma in all soils, some have more, others less. The way to multiply the numbers of Trichoderma in any soil is to give it a different growing medium and in the case of Trichoderma, this is non-enriched or horticultural cornmeal. It is the best growing medium there is for this. One can make a tea with the cornmeal by just putting a handful into an old sock and soaking it in water overnight and then set up a spray regimen and spray once a week. One can also keep a sprinkling of the cornmeal on the surface of the soil which also works very well. This works on all plants whether roses or tomatoes or trees.

Ask a Question