Cost of landscaping and redesign

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hallo
I am a keen gardener but have no idea on cost of landscaping and redesign. I am thinking of making an offer on a property but the garden is in bad need of a makeover.
I would want new steps in the front and the outbuilding demolished and all decking removed from the back with a tiered garden built, I'm not really sure what I would want but certainly something a lot nicer than it is now.
Does anyone have any idea of approximate cost to the nearest £5K.
Thank you very much

Attachments

• 4 bedroom bungalow for sale in Lindfield Close, Saltdean, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2.pdf
    704.8 KB · Views: 17
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Maxiewaxie. :)

Landscapers aren't cheap so I would suggest you ask for quotes from a few in your area. Ask around, perhaps friends or neighbours can recommend someone.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On line local social groups are a good source. Our village has one and I am forever seeing newcomers asking for recommendations for tradesmen. It really is impossible to say how much without looking and getting an estimate from a few local landscapers does not commit you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
A lot depends on where you are and how much competition there is for work.
As has been suggested, get several quotes. But think about what preparatory work you could do yourself with a spade, a wheelbarrow and a skip.

Them make a detailed plan to show a contractor and if possible get a fixed quote in writing and don't change it once the work has started, contractors make their bunce" on "extras."

Ask a Question