Corsage Making

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Not really a garden or landscaping design but if you need to get a corsage then finding things in your own garden can make up some beautiful ones. Take a look at the one that I made.
Umhlanga-20150425-00776.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That's a really lovely idea! How long do they last? Is there anything you do to stop them wilting? I guess some flowers are better than others in that regard!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I like that, and it would be so much cheaper to do too. I love the color of your corsage and wish I had this idea. I am always worried that what I made isn't going to look good enough for picky teenager :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wow that is really beautiful, well done! I miss making stuff like this and to be honest I never really thought about making stuff with things from my own garden, other than dinner!

Reaction score
That''s a brilliant and very nice idea!! What nice way to make a really unique and original corsage :) I'm sure the person will love it. I sometimes liked to create my own bouquets with the flowers of my garden, but never corsages ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's lovely!:) Making corsages sounds like a lot of fun. Personally, I love making miniature bouquets from wild flowers that grow in a park near my home.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Tha corsage is lovely. Still working on growing suitable flowers to make something so dainty. A friend of mine with a lovely established cottage garden makes beautiful "tussie mussies", tiny little beautiful bouquets. Not sure where the name originated from but sounds English. Does anyone know?

Reaction score
Years ago I was entering a local flower arranging competition & one of the classes was for a corsage. A helpful florist told me that it all depended on the lady judge. If she was a 'big' chested lady she would favour large flamboyant designs & if she was a slim lady she would prefer a dainty one.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Years ago I was entering a local flower arranging competition & one of the classes was for a corsage. A helpful florist told me that it all depended on the lady judge. If she was a 'big' chested lady she would favour large flamboyant designs & if she was a slim lady she would prefer a dainty one.
How amusing. To be honest I probably tend towards flamboyant so there may be some truth in it. When I put flowers in a vase they are asymmetrical and "flamboyant". In my last few I have had long passionfruit vines reaching out to grab us as we go by. Over an arch way I have 3 climbers together, ornamental grape, passionfruit and wonga wonga and I deliberately let them go beserk. The passionfruit was latching onto the olive tree in a nearby pot and the peach and apricot trees and the grape was even growing in under the garage door. When the grape turned its beautiful autumn colours it was to me like a magnificent painting but probably a bit unkempt for a neater gardener.

Reaction score
You have climbers a chilly Scotland can only dream of! Just looked up wonga wonga. Never heard of it before. It looks lovely.

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
That's a really lovely idea! How long do they last? Is there anything you do to stop them wilting? I guess some flowers are better than others in that regard!
Thank you, it lasts for a few days and I am not sure if there is a way to preserve it but usually if you put flowers into water and add a little vinegar solution they extend the lifespan a little bit

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
That's lovely Tasha. (y) How did you fix it all together please?
I used florist tape and ribbon to join the flowers together and the ribbon was tied onto a bangle or bracelet which I got from one of the dollar shops. Then joined the flowers onto the ribbon and onto the bracelet.

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Lol, maybe some truth in the big bust theory but I worked on mine thinking that it would have to stand out from crowd of girls wearing one. It did stand out and the dainty hand that wore it looked beautiful.

Ask a Question