Cornichon plants

Kat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am growing some cornichon plants indoors using a wicking bed system and a good grow light. They have reached a fantastic size, and there are lots of flowers and some fruits starting, but in places the leaves don't look too healthy, and some of the fruits have withered. With the fruits, it could certainly be that I haven't pollinated them well enough, but it could also be that the plant isn't healthy enough I suppose.

I feed them once a week with a good liquid fertiliser.
I have grown many plants in this indoor area without having any disease/pest problems.

Any tips would be very welcome!

IMG_7490.jpg

IMG_7491.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am growing some cornichon plants indoors using a wicking bed system and a good grow light. They have reached a fantastic size, and there are lots of flowers and some fruits starting, but in places the leaves don't look too healthy, and some of the fruits have withered. With the fruits, it could certainly be that I haven't pollinated them well enough, but it could also be that the plant isn't healthy enough I suppose.

I feed them once a week with a good liquid fertiliser.
I have grown many plants in this indoor area without having any disease/pest problems.

Any tips would be very welcome!

View attachment 82723
View attachment 82724
Your plants are suffering from a micro-nutrient deficiency, probably iron. It could be magnesium but it is one of the two or both. Use Chelated Iron to fix problem. Liquid NPK fertilizers or just about any NPK fertilizers are short on micro-nutrients.

Kat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks so much Chuck, really helpful. I’ll give this a try! Appreciate the response!

Ask a Question