Coreopsis ‘Big Bang Cosmic Eye’ (Tickseed)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
2013-07-28 Coreopsis ‘Big Bang Cosmic Eye’ (Tickseed) (close-up).jpg

Coreopsis ‘Big Bang Cosmic Eye’ (Tickseed) (close-up) (from my garden, July 28, 2013). The ‘Big Bang Cosmic Eye’ has sunshine yellow gold petals with a burgundy red center growing on a plant 20 inches tall and 15 inches wide.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love this flower, and I have one on the deck in pot! They seem to flower all through the summer already, despite all the flowers that are now dead. We have strange weather, really hot and then raining for days. This one survives through it all!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I just love this plant, and have many. What a show they put on! Another thing I like about them is, in my yard they draw in many Goldfinches in the fall from all the seeds they produce.

edit: Forgot to mention the great photo you took. (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Haha, 'Big Bang Cosmic Eye' is a really funny name:)
It's a really beautiful flower! I like it a lot. It's a pity it never returned again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My plant only grew in 2013 and never returned again.

Really!? It's quite the hardy plant. Wonder what happened? Was it planted in full sun, or do you have one of those over zealous lawn maintenance companies, that like to spray everything?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
It was planted in a mostly full sun area. The fence behind it does block the early morning sun. Nothing was sprayed on it. It was planted as a part of a group of 21 plants purchased from Santa Rosa Gardens. They all looked nice for the 2013 season when they were planted but nothing returned the next year. Here a view of that section of the garden from July 28, 2013:
2013-07-28 east corner section of garden.jpg

Ask a Question