Cool edible finds?

Reaction score
Anyone find any edible plants in their yard lately?

I've really gotten into edible plants and love making new discoveries in my yard. My most recent find is some creeping cucumber growing over at the edge of my woods. The tiny little cucumbers taste crunchy and delicious! I'm hoping this year I get a big crop of them and can eat them by hand as well as in salads. :D

Reaction score
At the moment, there are no edible plants in my yard. Though at one point, there were honeysuckle in a bush, in the far back. Every now and again, I would go back and pick one off. I would check it for any bugs, or anything. Then I would go to town on the nectar. I made sure not to have too many, to leave some for the birds and other creatures that may have wanted it. Then there was a time when there would be some edible berries that would grow. They were small, but sweet and nice. I don't remember what they were called but I did verify with someone before I tried them. I didn't want to have a swollen face or worse!

Ask a Question