Container Health Question!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have recently placed these clear saucers at the base of my Areca Palm Containers, to catch the run-off from watering, However they seem to fill up with water, and then it just stays there, ....I am wondering if this stagnant water may pose a health concern to me!

Attachments

• HDR4.jpg
    HDR4.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
If you let the water sit in the saucer after watering, the soil will continue absorbing it and remain moist longer than it should exposing your plants to rootrot and maybe other pets that hatch in the soil. But I do not think it'll be an issue for your health.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks YoungDruid That's not really a problem with my plants, because I have those spacers in the container holding the plants 6" from the bottom, and far from the roots! I was mainly concerned if that excess water became stagnant was it any known danger! I am far from a fanatic about bacteria or disease! but recently I read if you have not used a shower in your bathroom for a few months, and then get in and use it, you can actually contract Legionaries Disease! ...So I thought It might be wise, to ask the Experts!

Last edited:

Ask a Question