Container Garden location

Reaction score
Country
United States
I want to plant several containers with various veggies this year, but the best place to plant it (sun-wise) would be in an area of my yard where the container would end up right next to my house and also right by my A/C units. I don't think the A/C units would be a big deal, but I worry about the plants being so close to the house in case there are insects that invade. I've never had luck with veggies but, then again, I haven't really tried too hard. Would it be better to keep them further away from the house, or am I worrying about nothing?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I want to plant several containers with various veggies this year, but the best place to plant it (sun-wise) would be in an area of my yard where the container would end up right next to my house and also right by my A/C units. I don't think the A/C units would be a big deal, but I worry about the plants being so close to the house in case there are insects that invade. I've never had luck with veggies but, then again, I haven't really tried too hard. Would it be better to keep them further away from the house, or am I worrying about nothing?
You are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Put you plants where they receive the most sunlight. Insects do not invade, they just show up some times. And if you garden organically any insect that trespasses into your veggies can be easily controlled or eliminated by using chemical free, safe for people and pets products.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks, Chuck. My thoughts were that I was over thinking things, and you've confirmed it! If anything, I think the containers might make the area around my A/C units look a little nicer too!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
This is a small section at the side of my house. And i will have even more next ear!
2014-07-28 09.17.58.jpg

Ask a Question