Compost Bin Question???

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I live in an apartment with a very small yard space to work with, So first things first I started my small Folgers can compost in my kitchen. My question is why do people poke holes into their Plastic Compost Bins. Does this help the compost in some way??? :unsure: I'm sorry if this sounds like a silly question to some of you but I can't find any info on this subject, so I though I'd ask you all. :)

Drilling holes into their bins?
Kitchen-Compost-Bin-4.png

Hmm?
Put-in-dirt.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
So I live in an apartment with a very small yard space to work with, So first things first I started my small Folgers can compost in my kitchen. My question is why do people poke holes into their Plastic Compost Bins. Does this help the compost in some way??? :unsure: I'm sorry if this sounds like a silly question to some of you but I can't find any info on this subject, so I though I'd ask you all. :)

Drilling holes into their bins?
Kitchen-Compost-Bin-4.png

Hmm?
Put-in-dirt.jpg
Bacteria needs air to survive. The bacteria is what breaks down or decomposes the organic matter. No holes=no air=what is called anaerobic which=a stinky mess

Ask a Question