College Football 2018

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Among other sports, I do follow American Football a bit. Have done since the days of Joe Montana and Jerry Rice.
Here in the UK the coverage is restricted to a "dog and pony show" of a programme at the week-end on the BBC with more talk than action. Gone are the days when the BBC used to show the Monday Night Game live in the small hours of our morning.

Our youngest son played amateur American Football herre in the Uk for about ten years. He's a big lad and was quick on his feet played wide receiver and later tight--end.
My wife and I went to all the games on Sundays. But he got too old for it twenty years ago now. She could probably still explain the "illegal receiver downfield," rule.

My favourite story was that at one match our son got hit by two defenders and was laid out on the pitch. My wife said to me, "Go down and see if he's OK." I replied, "He'd rather die than have his dad come onto the pitch to check on him!" He was only winded and got up after a minute and carried on. There was always an ambulance and first-aiders at the ground. The rules of the league would not allow a game to start unless they were in attendance.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Among other sports, I do follow American Football a bit. Have done since the days of Joe Montana and Jerry Rice.
Here in the UK the coverage is restricted to a "dog and pony show" of a programme at the week-end on the BBC with more talk than action. Gone are the days when the BBC used to show the Monday Night Game live in the small hours of our morning.

Our youngest son played amateur American Football herre in the Uk for about ten years. He's a big lad and was quick on his feet played wide receiver and later tight--end.
My wife and I went to all the games on Sundays. But he got too old for it twenty years ago now. She could probably still explain the "illegal receiver downfield," rule.

My favourite story was that at one match our son got hit by two defenders and was laid out on the pitch. My wife said to me, "Go down and see if he's OK." I replied, "He'd rather die than have his dad come onto the pitch to check on him!" He was only winded and got up after a minute and carried on. There was always an ambulance and first-aiders at the ground. The rules of the league would not allow a game to start unless they were in attendance.

I have become adept at using the internet and casting the video from my phone and pc to my tv.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Gave up watching the pro stuff years ago, just not fun and interesting anymore. Collage level still has some of that aspect to the game. Might have to turn on a game.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I may have to come up with a new hobby as Bama this year promises to be boring until late in the season. Our backup quarterback has a 27-2 record and the TV analysts are gushing syrup all over the Tide. As a fan, having followed through the low spots, its nice, but the challenges are part of the entertainment. Kirby Smart at Georgia agreed to a shortened 10 minute 4th quarter. That is not good for fun.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
LSU game might be good tonight. If the 'Cains are what the media thinks they are.
Gonna watch it. Love Coach O. I hope he does well. He is cut out for it, larger than life SEC character for sure. Good for the game. I liked to watch The Mad Hatter eat grass, but Coach O is just fun and excited in his own way.

Ask a Question