Cockroach control in the garden

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had not considered cockroach's in the garden, I know there are roach's outside but I did not think that they could invade my garden and eat my plants.

Just as we want to keep the bugs out of our house eating our food we must wage war on them outside also. There is more than one way to control the roach problem, one with chemicals the other using nature to control the problem.

This very informative article explains how to use both processes in a responsible way to control the unwanted pest.

http://www.gardeningtipsnideas.com/2012/07/cockroach-control.html

Reaction score
Great, roaches to fight outside, LOL. I don't have them in the house, and I don't look forward to attracting them with a garden. I definitely don't want to use chemicals anywhere near my food (I can get that at the grocery store). I will bookmark this for future reference, that hopefully I won't need. Thanks.

Reaction score
I'm always shocked when I see a roach on the street. I hate public roaches. It's bad enough that there are indoor roaches, but there's just something wrong about walking to the farmer's market and seeing a roach scuttling down that sidewalk. Public roaches, how revolting.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
I'm not aware of having cockroaches among my plants though I might just not have recognised them. However there are plenty of ugly bugs around that I'd love to see the back of. I'll read up on diatomaceous earth to see if it will solve my problem.

Reaction score
Omg! I hate cockroaches, I hope they are not among my plants. I am aware of other bugs being among them but I never thought cockroaches would be.

Reaction score
I think they need warmer climates to live outside. I've never seen one outside anywhere I've lived in Canada, but when I was in Australia I was appalled to see roaches the size of my thumb running around outside after dark. ICK!!!

Reaction score
That was a very informative article. I live in the south and it's hard to get rid of cockroaches her. I have been looking for a safe and effective way to get rid of them because I can't stand the ugly little things.

Ask a Question