Cluster of caterpillars on sunflower leaves

RMR

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I have found little “clusters” of small, brown, fuzzy little caterpillars on a couple leaves on my sunflowers. I can’t figure out what they are to know whether they’re good bugs...like a type of butterfly...or some nasty other pest.

I can post a picture if that helps.

Last edited:
Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
So I have found little “clusters” of small, brown, fuzzy little caterpillars on a couple leaves on my sunflowers. I can’t figure out what they are to know whether they’re good bugs...like a type of butterfly...or some nasty other pest.

I can post a picture if that helps.
Without pictures we probably can't help with identification but can guarantee you that your sunflowers will not be happy as long as they are being eaten. Caterpillars come from either moths or butterflies and I don't know of any butterfly that has small, brown, fuzzy little caterpillars. Spray with a Bt. product.

Reactions: RMR
Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Not sure what is on my sunflowers. They are being eaten. What is Bt. product?
Bt is short for Bacillus thuringensis. Bt is a natural soil bacteria and is by far the best remedy for getting rid of caterpillars there is. It ONLY kills caterpillars, nothing else.

Reactions: RMR

Ask a Question