clivia plant info??

Reaction score
Country
Malta
i just got clivia plant from a friend..i putted in internal yard this yard is shaded with no sun..you think it will survive? also its roots its going out from under pot and its still with flowers..can i repot it or leave it till flowers fall out?? any advice pls?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The location should be fine as long as it is bright enough that you need to squint your eyes a bit. Clivias don't mind being in small pots, so the roots coming out of the bottom are not a problem. Wait until after the flowers are done to repot it and only shift it to a slightly (about 2-3cm) bigger pot. Don't remove any soil from the roots and don't plant it any deeper than it is now.

Happy Plant Parenting

Reaction score
Country
Malta
The location should be fine as long as it is bright enough that you need to squint your eyes a bit. Clivias don't mind being in small pots, so the roots coming out of the bottom are not a problem. Wait until after the flowers are done to repot it and only shift it to a slightly (about 2-3cm) bigger pot. Don't remove any soil from the roots and don't plant it any deeper than it is now.

Happy Plant Parenting
Thanks alott CPP GARDENER ..just to tell you that i dont have that so much light in my internal yard..but have other plants that flowered like peace lily ,camelia..you think it will still be ok?? And when can i fertilize and how much to water this clivia pls?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
If your Camellia blooms it should be great for your Clivia. They like to be moist most of the time. Water when the soil is dry about 6cm down and make sure some water comes out the bottom. You can fertilize during the warm season, probably May to September. Follow the directions on the package and that should be fine.

Reaction score
Country
Malta
If your Camellia blooms it should be great for your Clivia. They like to be moist most of the time. Water when the soil is dry about 6cm down and make sure some water comes out the bottom. You can fertilize during the warm season, probably May to September. Follow the directions on the package and that should be fine.
thanks alot i have liquid fertilizer it says to fertilize every 15 days so i do this till september? also i repotted it a month ago..i was going not to fertilize before september to give her time to stabilize in pot..

Ask a Question