Hardiness Zone
3a/3b
Country
Canada
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hi
I'm a new Gardner who is in LOVE with clematis and I look forward to the day where these beauties take over the whole trellis. ❤️
I bough all of these plants at the same time, they were all the same size. Would anyone happen to know why some clematis are growing faster than the others? I made sure to buy the same pruning group, so I could take care of them the same way. Some are really climbing but two are not "crawling" yet??
Do I deadhead the flowers after its dead? If so, do I just pop the flower head off??
Thanks in advance.

NatalieW

Certified Herbalist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
those are going to be beautiful! Dead head if you don't want it going to seed. ...but I'll tell you, when they get huge, you won't want to dead head because there are so many blooms... I stopped doing it with my Nelly Moser.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3a/3b
Country
Canada
those are going to be beautiful! Dead head if you don't want it going to seed. ...but I'll tell you, when they get huge, you won't want to dead head because there are so many blooms... I stopped doing it with my Nelly Moser.
Thanks so much for the info.
I just googled Nelky Moser , what a beautiful flower!!!

Ask a Question