Christmas Decorations

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
The introduction of cheap to buy and cheap to run LED Christmas lights have led to a proliferation of strings of lights on the outside of houses in our road.
The most irritating for immediate neighbours are those that flash. Particularly when the occupant forgets to turn them off when they go to bed.
I do like to enter the spirit of things, but this is as far as we go. It's an older photo but the same lights come out each year.

P1030477.JPG

We don't bother with decorations or a Christmas tree. But we do put the many cards we receive up on strings.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I have this in my front window. Will change the fireplace mantel to some red and gold Nippon vases. Have shooting stars for my outside against my many trees. No inside Christmas tree anymore. That is it. easy .
star living room.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
We have not bothered since the children left home. "Dust collectors" is what my parent's called decorations. They were Strict Baptists and frowned on all and any form of ostentation.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No doubt I shall be hauled off to the Christmas tree farm to hold up specimens for the missus to reject or approve, and red and green candles will appear on the mantle piece. It will all be the missus's doing and I will be called 'Humbug', but one thing we do agree on is that anytime before December is too early, we said as much today looking at the decorations in Battle High street.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like to decorate a large Christmas tree with old fashioned ornaments - each one different that has a story to go with it! I also like to make a homemade wreath every year. This is an example of one I made.

Attachments

• IMG_20181125_175038_480x640.jpg
    IMG_20181125_175038_480x640.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 23
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Drove past a house in St Leonards the other day with an inflated father Christmas in the garden that was a bit taller than the two storey house.

Ask a Question