Christmas Decor in a Pot

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I saw this potted plant on pinterest and thought I would share. If you don't want to put up a tree this idea could work for you.

a76642311c337f66aa925c2cc29e7b71.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It looks a little chaotic, but nice:) What are those tiny red fruits? I don't like traditional Christmas trees, because most of them are tacky.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I think those are winter berries if I'm not mistaken. I've always thought about using a live potted tree in place of a typical Christmas tree since it seems much more practical and less wasteful.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's the first time when I hear about winter berries:) They don't grow in my area.

I'm in love with this Christmas decoration:love::

decorations-shabby-chic-white-fireplace-mantel-with-green-garland-and-wreath-and-plant-in-white-pot-for-christmas-decorations-22-christmas-decoration-ideas-with-christmas-garland.jpg

It looks very classy and subtle, doesn't it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I have to agree that it looks classy and subtle. Regular christmas decorations are nice but the huge riot of color and flash gives me headaches after a while. This just seems so much more natural and soothing.

Reaction score
I noticed that this year Walmart has potted poinsettias in pastel colors like peach and lavender. I've never seen those muted colors of poinsettias before and I think they're pretty tasteful as holiday decor. I like the all white Christmas display that Claudine posted too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Lavender poinsettias sound lovely!:) I would like to see them.

This is another beautiful Christmas decoration:

2-christmas-composition-branches-in-a-pretty-vase-or-pot4.jpg

I wish these twigs had small leaves on them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Oh those are so nice. :D The first image has a nice rustic feel to it and this one seems more modern with a touch of shabby chic. There's something called eco decoration where some people use dried citrus fruit, cinnamon sticks, star anise and cranberries. I can only imagine how amazing a tree would smell haha. I personally wouldn't have a tree this big like the image, but I do like the natural ornaments.

RX-DK-AGX05601_natural-tree_s3x4.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.1280.1707.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love eco decorations! Dried orange slices and star anise look much prettier than shiny Christmas baubles:)

These are the most beautiful Christmas trees I've ever seen:love::

eclectic-living-room.jpg

I like those vintage pots and jars!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
Country
United States
These are gorgeous Christmas decorations. I can see some mini white lights in the first photo (battery operated of course). I love these ideas! Such creativeness!:love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I don't see any mini white lights there. Maybe I'm not very perceptive:p
Anyway, I found another lovely inspiration. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if those are real plants:

christmas-window-decoration-ideas-small-pot-plants-birds-branch.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
Country
United States
No, Claudine, there aren't any miniature lights. I was just imagining the photo as if it had them and what it would look like at night.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Oh gosh. That's really adorable. I really like the idea of the birds. That's a very creative way to decorate in a natural manner!

MrsJones, there's actually micro LEDs, so it's possible to have them on a small tree with some DIY tutorials. I'd try to find a way to have these powered with small solar cells taken off the lawn lights haha.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004DZDX66/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Those micro LEDs look really nice!:D They would make a lovely Christmas tree decoration.
Isn't this adorable?:):

W11.49c-300x200.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
You can take a step further and decorate the large pinecones themselves with little gold beads and a small star on top. That'd look so adorable. :D

Ask a Question