Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I'd would to have a Durandii

upload_2018-3-11_9-18-43.jpeg

Very strong and robust.

A sieboldii, but too costly.

If you like, go for a Madame Julie Correvon - it repeats lfowering and can withstand hard frost and flower prolifically. A worthy winner of AGM.

I am after a Princess Kate as mine has died, sadly!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
First of all you need to Decide whether you want it To Be Fast Growing & Vigorous. These are Good for Covering Ugly Walls Fast or sheds But Can Be Grown over Arches also to Great affect as long as you don't plant other Climbers with them. Problems Can Arise fast as the more vigorous climber takes over......One Such Species Would be Clematis Armandii Its Vigorous & Evergreen Here is a picture I took of one last March
P1030579.JPG
Another Vigorous Variety's Would Be Montana's there are Loads of Varieties of theses now but all have the same growth habits. With flowers From White to Pink. They Are deciduous and Can look a mess in Winter but There Show in summer well makes Up for it. All Vigorous Varieties like these need something big to climb. There are So Many To Chose From as you have seen Sean Regan Like the Old Favourite.... Nelly Moser That Can be Grown with climbing Roses Quite Happily. Ive Planted Many & most I cant Even Remember what they are lol
2014-2015 245.JPG
135.JPG
I even have one that I grow as a Growned Cover plant(y)

Ask a Question