Chocolates - any one?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
If there is one thing in the world I would die for and that is chocolates. No matter which country I tour my first shopping will be chocolates. Every country has a stamp on their chocolates so to say. Switzerland thinks there is none to beat them. They are wrong (lol). May be their white Lindt chocolate could stand apart but there are others like the Belgian chocolates that are difficult to match. Finally I suppose to each their own.
Are you fond of chocolates and what would be your favouorite?

Godiva_belgian_chocolate_golden_box_24.JPG

Image source http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Godiva_belgian_chocolate_golden_box_24.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Brazil
Are you fond of chocolates and what would be your favouorite?
I like them, they are highly addictive. I prefer the white ones but since some say white chocolate is not chocolate at all then I may not like chocolate as much as I thought (if at all). It is hard to explain but I do not like much the taste of black chocolate ("real" chocolate) and I do not feel anything if I see someone eating a bar of black chocolate, but if it is a white one then it interests me. So, I guess I do not like chocolate at all (assuming white chocolate is not not "real" chocolate).

I think what I like is in the sugar in it. Give me anything that is sugar rich, I go crazy it is very hard to stop while you have it available. Real danger!

But I do not eat much along the year. I can count on my hand the days of the year I consume chocolate, which safely results in much less than 1Kg per year.

It is a thing I would not like to eat on a daily basis. But if I had access to them every day... It would be VERY hard to resist.

And in my opinion, chocolate is quite overestimated at least to me, because there are things I like much more to eat than chocolate and I would even choose them instead.

Interesting!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I like them, they are highly addictive. I prefer the white ones but since some say white chocolate is not chocolate at all then I may not like chocolate as much as I thought (if at all). It is hard to explain but I do not like much the taste of black chocolate ("real" chocolate) and I do not feel anything if I see someone eating a bar of black chocolate, but if it is a white one then it interests me. So, I guess I do not like chocolate at all (assuming white chocolate is not not "real" chocolate).

I think what I like is in the sugar in it. Give me anything that is sugar rich, I go crazy it is very hard to stop while you have it available. Real danger!

But I do not eat much along the year. I can count on my hand the days of the year I consume chocolate, which safely results in much less than 1Kg per year.

It is a thing I would not like to eat on a daily basis. But if I had access to them every day... It would be VERY hard to resist.

And in my opinion, chocolate is quite overestimated at least to me, because there are things I like much more to eat than chocolate and I would even choose them instead.

Interesting!
Then I have something else for you. How about some gelatin delights? (lol)
gelatindelights.jpg

Image Credit » http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Fale_-_Barcellona_-_194.jpg

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love chocolate also, chocolate covered peanuts and raisins are one of my favorites. Dark chocolate is the best to me. Anything chocolate is good. The gum drops are not really to my liking. Sour jelly beans are the second choice after chocolate.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
we have chocolate covered gelatins here. Super combo!

I do like chocolate. At halloween I always end up eating a ton of those little bars.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh chocolates! I have a weakness for them, and Godiva is one of my favorites, along with Cadbury. My son works on a cruise ship, and he usually comes home with different type of chocolates from countries that he visited. The latest one he gave me were from the Ukraine.
IMG_1100.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Oh chocolates! I have a weakness for them, and Godiva is one of my favorites, along with Cadbury. My son works on a cruise ship, and he usually comes home with different type of chocolates from countries that he visited. The latest one he gave me were from the Ukraine.View attachment 5542
Wow!! I do not have anyone working abroad but you know what most of my shopping was always chocolates when I visited foreign countries. We visited a chocolate making factory in Germany and they gave us samples. Everyone forgot manners and grabbed them (lol)

Reaction score
I love chocolate, but so far the best chocolate I've eaten is a Dutch one, the name is ''Verkade''. If you have the chance try the bars that have hazelnuts in them, I swear that has been the best chocolate I've ever eaten. I like the Nestle chocolate sold in the Action stores of Holland as well, only one euro or so... made with goat milk :p You can never miss with Verkade though... simply delicious.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I love chocolate, but so far the best chocolate I've eaten is a Dutch one, the name is ''Verkade''. If you have the chance try the bars that have hazelnuts in them, I swear that has been the best chocolate I've ever eaten. I like the Nestle chocolate sold in the Action stores of Holland as well, only one euro or so... made with goat milk :p You can never miss with Verkade though... simply delicious.
I have often eaten Ferero Rocher mostly gifted to me when friends and family visit us from abroad. The main ingredient there is hazelnut. I love anything in hazel nut. Hazel nut spread is a regular in our house. I get it from Nutella.
262px-FERRERO_ROCHER.jpg

Image credit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:FERRERO_ROCHER.jpg

Reaction score
I have often eaten Ferero Rocher mostly gifted to me when friends and family visit us from abroad. The main ingredient there is hazelnut. I love anything in hazel nut. Hazel nut spread is a regular in our house. I get it from Nutella. View attachment 5543

Image credit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:FERRERO_ROCHER.jpg

Then you must try one of of those verkade chocolate bars!!!!! You really have to! That thing is delicious! By the way, I also like Ferrero Rocher, it's very tasty, over here that chocolate is very popular among young men looking for the right chocolate to gift (y) Funny you mention Nutella :D I was just thinking about the last time we bought a jar of it.... I ate it :oops:o_O:LOL::ROFLMAO::whistle::X3:

But seriously, if you ever go to the Netherlands.... come during first days of January, some weeks after the sinterklas celebration.... you will find real dutch milk chocolate letters (some broken) for one euro and less!!!!!! Look for the candy stores. In stores like Kruidvat you can find Verkade brand chocolate letters in discount too.... those are delicious, but the bars sold at the action not so much (no idea why).

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Then you must try one of of those verkade chocolate bars!!!!! You really have to! That thing is delicious! By the way, I also like Ferrero Rocher, it's very tasty, over here that chocolate is very popular among young men looking for the right chocolate to gift (y) Funny you mention Nutella :D I was just thinking about the last time we bought a jar of it.... I ate it :oops:o_O:LOL::ROFLMAO::whistle::X3:

But seriously, if you ever go to the Netherlands.... come during first days of January, some weeks after the sinterklas celebration.... you will find real dutch milk chocolate letters (some broken) for one euro and less!!!!!! Look for the candy stores. In stores like Kruidvat you can find Verkade brand chocolate letters in discount too.... those are delicious, but the bars sold at the action not so much (no idea why).
I have been there once and spent a day in Amsterdam. It was a package tour of Europe. May be I can get it online. Thanks.

Reaction score
I have been there once and spent a day in Amsterdam. It was a package tour of Europe. May be I can get it online. Thanks.

Yeah, sure you can, but if you ever come here for a visit again... you know when is the perfect time ;) Next year I'll buy a bunch of those letters and keep them for some really nice croissants! brownies or even a chocolate cake... I feel daring :p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
I love chocolate and there's rarely a day when I don't have some. My favourite is Cote d'Or, which is Belgian, but it's quite expensive in South Africa, so I don't have it very often. I don't think I've ever had Dutch chocolate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qcurrys

Latest Threads