Chive and Cilantro Are Coming Back!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Spring has to be one of the best things in life for me, as my herbs are coming back. Nothing is better than fresh herbs! I didn't know that cilantro is a perennial plant, so when I see it coming back, I was so happy. My chive too is coming back and both of them I grew in pots along the side wall of my house.
IMG_1354.JPG
IMG_1355.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I need to start planting herbs. I've been so busy with tomatoes, eggplants, and peppers that I forgot about them!

You can't forget herbs!! They will be great flavor in your eggplants, tomatoes, and peppers :) My mint is also coming up wildly again, but I still need to grow some basil, rosemary and thyme.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Beautiful herbs to have in your garden Icy. I grow chives and it is so nice to just be able to go out and pull a few straws when I bake a potato or make some sour cream dip. The only thing I really use cilantro for is when I make fresh salsa, so I think it is more cost effective for me just to buy that at the store.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful herbs to have in your garden Icy. I grow chives and it is so nice to just be able to go out and pull a few straws when I bake a potato or make some sour cream dip. The only thing I really use cilantro for is when I make fresh salsa, so I think it is more cost effective for me just to buy that at the store.

I love chive too for the same reasons, sour cream and bake potatoes are so good with fresh chive. When I have enough chive for a bowl of soup, I also make it with just some chopped up shrimp pieces or chicken or pork. They are so good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Chives are good in soup too. I love how they give that light tangy onions taste without being overwhelming. The are prefect for summer dishes as they give the fresh taste appropriate for the weather.

Ask a Question