chipper/shredder

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I work on lawn equipment,usually friends of friends . This chipper is my neighbors sister,hasn't been used in 2 yrs., removed carburetor and cleaned out water,thanks to our gasoline now.found that the flywheel had a lot of rust,and not enough gap for ignition module,sanded down flywheel with some WD40, reset. module gap , cleaned sparkplug,and it cranked on 2nd pull,thank goodness cause that 10 hp. is a beast to pull:)
This is my neighbor using it this morning, works great if you don't over load it,when to many leaves are piled in hopper it will get stopped up,you have to take a push stick and keep pushing down,,to clear out hopper,now these are very dry leaves from redbuds and blackjack oak .The limb chipper chute works great (2in. dia. max) should have been designed with longer chute,to be able to use push stick(short limb chute on right of motor) that's a B&S 800 series motor,it doesn't have a engage or disengage lever(pto) for heavy chipper wheel,so that's why it a hard pull when starting. it's a troybilt cs4265 :)
CAM00068.jpg
CAM00068.jpg
CAM00067.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Oh yea ! It does have catch bags that you attach to catch scraps. for beds or compost :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I have had a couple of these over the years and found them to be OK, at best. If the material is small and very dry, it works as advertised. Using the small chute to grind anything but the smallest branches is really hard on your hands and will bruise them badly in short order, especially if you have more than one branch in your handful at a time.

Even with gloves on the branches smack around so much. Well you get the picture.

YMMV

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Mine is a ten HP MTD. Had it for 12 years.
http://www.durgan.org/URL/?AEVBL 17 September 2011 Composting.
All my spent vegetation is chopped into small pieces in the chipper/shredder. The spent vegetation should be slightly green (corn stalks in this case) to facilitate chopping, and it composts quicker, which takes about a year. There is only about a month left of good weather, so I am removing vegetation a bit at a time.

To prevent jamming, the output screen is removed. I don't use the in port for chopping up branches. It does a fine job on all my plant waste.

Ask a Question