Chestnut Tree problem

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
Lebanon
Hello. Anyone have experience with chestnut trees? In the pics one of my trees is having cracks in the bark near ground level. I removed some worms and sprayed insecticide. But coming back after that I saw an small oozing of black liquid From my experience this may be a sign of onset of ink-disease (phytophthora)! Any advice before the problem grows ?(ps. you may have to zoom in to see detail). Thanks.
pixx.jpg

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
The pic is too small to see properly even when enlarged. But if it has black substance coming out then it's ink disease.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
Lebanon
Logan, If it is ink-disease at an early stage what should I do? Thanks.
BTW, I tried to load a better picture of the tree but the server could not handle it - 17 MB. Is there a limit at Gardening forum on picture size? Thanks again

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Logan, If it is ink-disease at an early stage what should I do? Thanks.
BTW, I tried to load a better picture of the tree but the server could not handle it - 17 MB. Is there a limit at Gardening forum on picture size? Thanks again
You have to report it to the forestrycommision or something similar where you live and they will know what to do, it will have to be destroyed properly, it can spread.
Don't worry about the pic ,this forum is great for size of pic, some are worse,somehow have to reduce the size but i have no idea.

Ask a Question