Cherry Tree Disease???

Reaction score
Country
United States
What do I do about this on my cherry tree??
20210615_175513.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You have an infestation of cherry black fly, which the ants will probably be farming - I cannot tell from you photo. It won`t kill your tree. If it was in my garden I think I would cut off any really bad bits, and then let the natural predators in the garden deal with it, and they will as long as they are not all killed off by using chemicals. Always remember that spraying poison everywhere kills the bees and other helpers in the garden as well.

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's it! Thanks. When ive had really bad aphids on roses I've sprayed a strong dawn dish soap mixture, I was under the impression that didn't kill the good bugs. I've been cutting the ones I can reach as well.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The soapy spray is an excellent help most times, but in this instance you may find it rather difficult to spray them when the leaves are so well curled up - it makes a good hiding place for them :devil:

Ask a Question