Cherry Tomato

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
How long does it typically take for cherry tomatoes to ripen? Ive got a plant that seems good and healthy and has 8-12 tomatoes on it, a few of which have been there at close to 4 weeks or so and are still nice and green. I would have thought they would start to turn by now, my regular tomatoes seem to go much faster (although I have yet to be able to harvest one of those, either blossom end rot or stink bugs seem to get all of them before they are ripe enough!). The cherry tomoatoes do not show any signs of rot or stink bug attacks. nice smooth, round, green tomatoes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I should clarify, that's nearly a month at what appears to be full size...ish. Not a month from tiny little green bud.

Reaction score
How long is a piece of string?

They take as long to ripen as it takes, but they will,then they will all ripen at once.

Gardening is sometimes just a waiting game.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12B
Country
Canada
Side dress these with some sheep Manure, dig trench beside the plant a few inches deep the put some Manure in it then cover with dirt. You plant will more than love it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Last year mine hung on during the hottest part of summer, then ripened over night when the weather broke.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12B
Country
Canada
Also, all Tomato Plants love it if you go and get a dollar store sprayer, fill just about to the top, then use a small funnel to 3 heaping TBSP of Epsom Salts into the Sprayer with the water, put the top on, shake it well, then spray the Tomato plants leaves, every two week. This action prevent bottom rot and make the plants very happy

Ask a Question