Cherry tomato plants in winter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Complete novice here. I was given tomato plant seeds and have managed to grow the plant succesfully and got a few tomato which i was delighted with. The ones outside have now died off as expected but I have one inside that is still going strong but I'm not quite sure what's best to do with it. Should I cut this right back? It does have some nice new dark green leaves but the stalks they are on are floppy. I will also upload a photo. Any advice very welcome.
download (33).png

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi,
Complete novice here. I was given tomato plant seeds and have managed to grow the plant succesfully and got a few tomato which i was delighted with. The ones outside have now died off as expected but I have one inside that is still going strong but I'm not quite sure what's best to do with it. Should I cut this right back? It does have some nice new dark green leaves but the stalks they are on are floppy. I will also upload a photo. Any advice very welcome.View attachment 74799
Tomatoes are classified as perennials but the older a plant gets the less it produces. An indeterminate tomato will keep growing its entire life and it is a vine. Floppy stalks are normal. You can cut the plant down and its existing root structure will send up new growth but its existing root system is still old. The best thing to do is to take cuttings and grow them.

Ask a Question