Cerassie Herb

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Nassau: Annual Weather Averages. July is the hottest month in Nassau with an average temperature of 28°C (82°F) and the coldest is January at 21°C (70°F) with the most daily sunshine hours at 10 in August. The wettest month is July with an average of 220mm of rain.
Country
Bahamas
Hello and happy Monday to all of you. What I want to talk about is a herb that is called Cerassie. Have any of you ever heard about this herb? This is a herb that tastes so horrible but it works. As a small kid growing up having the flu was a bitter, sweet time for me.

Because having the flu meant that I did no have to go to school, oooooh yeah that was the sweet part, the bitter part that I hated was having to drink this herb and what made matters worst was how my father prepared this herb. This herb was prepared by boiling the herb adding a bit of salt, boiling croton leaves. Now, this Croton is not the same as the Petra croton or any other species of croton that is used for plant design, this is a different species that we use on the island it is green and yellow.
I had to drink this home made remedy. Just the smell wanted to make you cry and as I said if you think the aroma was bad try tasting it. Man, you drink that and that would cause your toes to curl up and made you feel like hallowing for you mama.

But it worked wonders and had you up and in tip top shape in no time. What are your thoughts on this herb That we called bush medicine?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I haven't heard of this herb. I wonder if it grows where i live. If it does, it probably has a different name so i will look it up for photos, genus, species. Being on an island, you would most likely have a variety of unique herbs and trees and plants. It will be interesting to hear about them.(y) Does Bermuda have a national flower? What would that be?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Nassau: Annual Weather Averages. July is the hottest month in Nassau with an average temperature of 28°C (82°F) and the coldest is January at 21°C (70°F) with the most daily sunshine hours at 10 in August. The wettest month is July with an average of 220mm of rain.
Country
Bahamas
Hello friend thanks for commenting and I am sorry that I am just responding. Have been so busy with so many things to do. The national flower of Bermuda is called Bermuda- Eye Grass. It is a purple flower with a yellow center. Thanks again and all the best to you.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Cerassie is another name for Bitter Melon (Momordica charantia) in the Gourd family (Cucurbitaceae).

Ask a Question