cement mixer

• Thread starter Peace perfect peace
  • Start date
P

Peace perfect peace

One bit of kit i found very handy for mixing your own compost is an old second hand electric cement mixer,
Many a time in the past i'd find myself trying to do to much and the mixing of verious items for verious plants ie a sand added mix to a base compost for carrotts
or rotted leaves , the adding of lime to compost,
infact any mixing of compost can take ages to get it really well mixed and if like me you've a large garden this is a bigger task and instead of doing all the work myself i bought this older mixer years ago and it comes into action a couple of times a year and saves me hours of work, i just fill the mixer /turn it on and go do something else while it mixes much better than did.
You can get these secondhand for a few pounds, they're offten in the local builders merchant notice bourds.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Nice one PPP; yes make life easier if at all possible.

A few years ago I bought a brand new cement mixer for use installing flood defences; I kept the mixer six weeks until the job was completed and with the mixer still looking like new I sold it for £20 less than I paid for it; for big jobs this proves far cheaper than hiring kit. It works for me.

Kind regards, Colin.

P

Peace perfect peace

Hi Colin,
Nice to hear from you, ive not long been in,
The rain's been on/off but i managed to start to rotovate the border (Her indoors want to have it full of Lupins next year)
It's going tobe a long job "But" when we bought this place the garden was full of brambles and i just cut all down to the ground and then rotovated the roots out, It worked and so im back to this border to repeat the same idea again,

Yes these cement mixers are a handy bit of kit,
Im glad i kept hold of this one, it owes me nothing and keeps on going ,

Talk to you soon.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Did you manage to complete the border rotavating PPP. What rotavator have you got; mines an Hyundai kindly bought for me by Bron as a Christmas present it being brand new; once the ground was turned over by spade then the rotavator came into its own; it's hard physical work using a rotavator but still lighter than digging by spade. You'll need a machine gun too if you plant lots of lupins to deter the slugs. (y)

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question