Celery

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://www.durgan.org/URL/?OHMHR 10 May 2015 Celery
Eight celery plants were moved to the outdoor garden.The plants were in the greenhouse for about ten days to establish strong roots.
URL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Celery is a great vegetable to grow because you can eat it raw or add it to so many dishes. It does not have many calories, but a very hearty vegetable. It also grows nicely where I live. Your plants look nice and healthy.

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I have recently heard that celery is one of the least nutritious foods to eat and I have been growing and eating them for ages. Nothing better than a crudité with celery in it and it tastes delicious.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
I use the celery as a flavoring addition to juicing vegetables which is my preserving method. The leaves particularly have a strong flavor taste.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Celery gives a wonderful flavour to hearty winter soups too, so I planted 40 seedlings yesterday.

Do you use Rootrainers Durgan?

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like to chop up my celery very small and add it to tuna salad. I tried to grow a celery top from one that I had, it started off good, then got limp and died.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I love peanut butter spread in a celery stick. Cream cheese is nice too. I might try growing some. I'll need to google time to plant as we are opposite to northern hemisphere.

Ask a Question