Catus help

Reaction score
Country
United States
image.jpg
image.jpg
I bought this mini catus a few weeks ago and the directions said to give it full sun. I put it on the south side where it got tons of sun. It started to turn white so I called the store and they said actually it should get indirect light since It was probably young. So I moved it to the north window and have barely watered it. The green part turned kinda brown and mushy. What is happening and how can I properly care for it??? Thanks!!!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Your cactus is done for, the host plant hylocereus undatus or better known as Dragon fruit the bottom is dead, it looks like it was wet and when you put it in the full sun you cooked it. the top part is grafted onto the bottom and needs the bottom to live so at this point you might as well trash it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It wasn't wet when it was in full sun. It didn't start turning brown until a few days after I moved it into the indirect light

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b~10a
Country
Japan
So, you did the exact same thing I did.
From what I read online, we "shocked" it by putting it in heavy, direct sunlight for extended periods of time. One side then becomes white or yellow, and the rest follows suits.
It is now most probably very thin, soft, and mushy. I learned from this one...

Ask a Question