cats that do tricks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Do you have a cat that can do tricks? What tricks does he/she know? I have a male cat named sticky. He can do so many tricks. He can sit, shake, play dead, roll over, beg, stand up, jump, and say meow. He knows a few other tricks, but not well enough to consider him trained. He is the best cat ive ever owned. I rescued him when his mother died after he was born. He was one week old.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Feliz (who passed away) was a very intelligent cat, and into tricks. She taught me to fetch her toys when she batted one under low furniture; she taught my husband to sit on the floor on command and provide a lap; she taught me to leave the bottom dresser drawer open so she could nap on my sweatshirts:
Feliz in Drawer 2.jpg
she taught me to search the grocery aisles for the food she liked, spending more time selecting the cat's dinner than ours; and she taught both of us to enjoy petting, grooming, and loving a calico cat!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
Russian Federation
My dog was good teacher too. Little сhihuahua was a big boss. We lived for him. Оne day I said to my husband: You are my gold and silver boy! And suddenly our dog Vasiy , my Vasenka ( I can't write about him, I'm crying). So, our Vasenka come ranning to us. And I read in his eyes: Mom!!! How can you tell this worlds??? I am your Gold Silver Boy!!! It was the best of my dog. I'll never love other dog, as him.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
my cat has always been into fetching. I am not sure if you would call that a trick, but it was always so cute! He is 7 now..and has decided he doesn't want to fetch anymore. When I throw something for him, he just looks at it..and me...like you expect me to get that?? Get it yoruself! I have had cats that were trained to shake hands though.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Oh yes, Elena, I teared up writing about Feliz, and she has been gone for over a year. Isn't it wonderful how pets train us to love them to pieces, and have happy memories even after they are gone?
kgord, your cat is now training you to develop another game. A feather on a string was one of Feliz' favorites. She'd chase it until it got boring, then she'd just stalk off and take a nap!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
That was me and sticky watching big bang theory. I have to make a video for you guys of him doing his tricks. I think it has a lot to do with him being rescued. He acts so much different than other cats. Its truly amazing, he even likes to snatch a cucumber or olive if he gets the chance.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I apologize for going little crazy with the pictures, but I sure do love my baby. He is something else. He is about two years old now and he loves sleeping as you can tell. He is weird sleeper. It makes me giggle!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't currently have any cats, but I used to have two. They didn't know any tricks but one of them loved swimming, it was the weirdest thing. We had a little kiddie pool outside one summer and she would start out swishing her front paws in the water and then after a while she would just hop right in.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does sleeping for 22 hours of the day count as a trick? If so, my little guy is amazing/ Of course I am kidding, but he really does sleep most of the day, and I did get a good laugh at thinking about him trying to do some tricks. It probably depends a lot on the cat, and the owner, and I am just not really in that position. I would love to see some, though.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
My new beautiful cat Polly is 6 months old but i am having terrible trouble litter training her. She came into our home after I lost my beautiful Pearl (I was truly devastated). We have inherited our sons old dog Max plus 2 cats, aged 8 and 12 thereabouts so it's a busy animal household. Fancy, the youger of the 2 is awful to Polly who just loves him and will not leave him alone. Polly wees on the couch where Fancy has slept and on Max's bed and Max is nice to her. She gets it right for a few days and then it starts again. We are in a good zone at the moment. Fingers crossed. My sister bred British Blues for years, my Polly is a Chocolate Point British Shorthair, and she suggests it's a matter of retraining. When I can't watch her I put her in the laundry, she loves the linen closet plus she has access to 2 enclosed outside areas. The linen closet is her territory, no other animal sleeps in there, Max is a big round border collie so he wouldn't fit and it hasn't occurred to Sam or Fancy to climb in there. Polly is a gorgeous girl, just confused. I've googled what to do and have faith we'll work it out. Very frustrating though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I don't currently have any cats, but I used to have two. They didn't know any tricks but one of them loved swimming, it was the weirdest thing. We had a little kiddie pool outside one summer and she would start out swishing her front paws in the water and then after a while she would just hop right in.
Now that would be something worth seeing. I can only imagine how adorable it was. My little doesn't do anything like that. He will take baths if I ask him too. Sometimes he also like to stand at the back of the shower and dream at the water coming out, but he never gets in.

Ask a Question