Catalpa sapling cut

Reaction score
Country
Bosnia And Herzegovina
Hi
2 years ago i panted 12 seed of catalpas and all sprouted and they are nice saplings now.
Some people advise to cut everything above 10-15 in spring and you got straight catalpa tree..
Am i late to do it at the beginning of summer and am i late doing it since its 2 yrs old sapling.
Btw im planning to graft most of them.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
If it were mine. I would wait until winter to do the pruning....but remove all sprouts whenever they come up around the main trunk.

I've got a couple of catalpa trees I grow for the catalpa worms (catalpa sphinx moth (Ceratomia catalpae), caterpillars.). Interesting tree.

Reaction score
Country
Bosnia And Herzegovina
If it were mine. I would wait until winter to do the pruning....but remove all sprouts whenever they come up around the main trunk.

I've got a couple of catalpa trees I grow for the catalpa worms (catalpa sphinx moth (Ceratomia catalpae), caterpillars.). Interesting tree.
I just want them to be straight as i see grafted catalpa in the cities. I wonder are the gonna be such or they gonna be curved

Ask a Question