Caring for indoor plants?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all! I’m new here and a first time plant lady. I just bought three indoor plants and don't have a ton of light in my house. The flower shop owners weren’t very specific on how to continue to care for them (they didn’t even come with tags/labels so I’ve just been googling). Any advice on how to keep these alive (fertilizer, light, water, etc) would be hugely helpful! I want to make sure I do it right :)

Snake plant
Elephant ears
Fern

Thanks!!

Reaction score
Country
United States
No need to fertilize new plants in new soil. Snake plants can easily rot so make sure you don't water it too much . Allow the soil to dry in between waterings. I water my snake about once a month and have it in a bright well lit spot with no direct sun. However a little morning sun won't hurt and is helpful.

Indoors and outdoor, a large amount of filtered sunlight is best for elephant ear plants. Elephant ear plants are very hard to grow indoors because of lack of strong light. Outdoors is best for elephant ears plants, but they do will on balconies with southern or western exposure.

Fern won't tolerate bright sunlight or total shade. Avoid intense, direct light, which can scorch the fronds. However without adequate sunlight, the plant won't thrive and is likely to drop its leaves. Ferns need a bright shady spot with no direct sun contact.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks so much for your feedback! I have little sun that comes into my house so it’ll be interesting trying to find the best spots for each. Thanks again!

Ask a Question