Caring for banana

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Banana in the plantation is sturdy but in the backyard, I wonder why they become frail. All our bananas that bore fruit would slant as if it cannot carry the heavy bunch of fruits. What we do is to prop up the tree with a wooden pole. Since there is a bamboo grove nearby so we just get bamboo poles for the purpose. An agriculturist said that we should provide a support to the banana plant once it starts to bear the blossom so the roots will not be affected.

Here is our fruting banana tree....
IMG_1949 saging tukod.JPG

Reaction score
Amazing! Do you guys get to harvest all those bananas every single year? :confused: What do you do with all those bananas? It looks like there are maybe 100 bananas in there? Either way, thanks for the picture, I had never seen a banana tree before :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This is a lot of bananas:D It must be wonderful to be able to grow them. I've always wanted to have my own banana tree:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Look like a heavy and healthy bunches of bananas for the plant to hold. That is just amazing to see how one plant can bear that many bananas.

Ask a Question