cantaloupe fruiting!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I have 2 very tiny baby melons on my vine. Anything I should be alert to keeping them thriving? I took a plastic crate and took a large black trash bag and put it inside and pretty much wrapped it and tied it to the bottom. Then I took a small white trash bag and put it inside it again but wrapped it around the 4 corners. Then put my soil mix with my cantaloupe inside and on top I put a few inches of perlite. I intend on bringing it inside at night.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Well done! I was trying my hands at melons. Two seedlings are still struggling ..

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I planted the seeds from my lunch melon a few weeks back :)
DSCI0003 (7).JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm trying melons also. No fruit yet, but I food see several flowers the other day. How long after the flowers before you had fruit? I intend to get some little stands for them.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Ooops, my melon plants are still out to drink water i.e. RAIN! Must take them in. Must be too late now!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
My parents used to spend their winters in Harlingen. :) That's on the gulf side... I think it should be warm enough by now to leave them outside at night.

Hmm... @Chuck? :confused:
Its always warm or hot here. Very very rarely do you see winter. Winter for us is like 55 - 60 F

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I was doing it for bugs but momma said no lol I had to keep it, but since then I went from 1 main shoot to 7 shoots.

Ask a Question