Can't enlarge photos on the POTM site

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Enlarging photos on the POTM site is not working for me. I tried several different photos. I tried moving the mouse around and just clicking where the former notice used to be. A couple of times that worked and the photos enlarged, but for the most part it is not working for me. Daren's winning April photo enlarges. Zigs' opening photo on "What's Looking Good for April" enlarges but i can't get the other photos on that thread to enlarge. Anybody else having this problem?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Enlarging photos on the POTM site is not working for me. I tried several different photos. I tried moving the mouse around and just clicking where the former notice used to be. A couple of times that worked and the photos enlarged, but for the most part it is not working for me. Daren's winning April photo enlarges. Zigs' opening photo on "What's Looking Good for April" enlarges but i can't get the other photos on that thread to enlarge. Anybody else having this problem?
All but Tetters enlarged. Had to hit Ctrl and + for that pic

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Brazil
I do not know exactly what you mean but I think a picture can be "enlarged" only if it is not shown in its original dimensions.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Thank you @Chuck :)

@splinx most of the photos that appear in the photo of the month contest are shown smaller than submitted and they can be enlarged to show the original submission size. With your cursor on the photo, hit "ctrl and +" you will be able to see the photo in the larger size but only if the original submission photo is larger than the screen image. I hope that makes sense:)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom

I've tried it at this end and most of them seem to enlarge ok - the only ones that don't are the ones which are at maximum size already (but that's only a couple of them). Which browser are you using and I'll see if I can test it to see if I can replicate it :).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Thanks @Ian i use firefox latest version and there was an update recently. I expect this is the problem. The last time i had a problem that no one else had, it was Firefox, but i am so attached.:rolleyes: I forgot to tell you that when i am whizzing the mouse around on a photo I do sometimes see a screen flash that says "click on here" or similar to enlarge, but it is just a flash and then gone.

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've just updated Firefox and given it a go, and it all seems ok still... so I'll take a look at the forum used by the developers of the forum software and see if anyone else has reported it. Hopefully it'll be a bug/known issue and I can get it fixed for you :).

Ask a Question