Can you identify these?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm pretty new to vegetable gardening and haven't been able to identify what these are (see attached pictures)?
The eggs were on the edge of a kale leaf.
Thank you I really appreciate your help!
IMG_9245.jpg
IMG_9247.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9246.JPG
    IMG_9246.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 84
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The only way to know for sure is to let them hatch but I know of two harmful things that lay white eggs like the ones shown and in the same pattern too. Stinkbugs and armyworms. I would spray everything in the garden and both sides of the leaves with Neem Oil. If it is army worms they are capable of eating a sizeable portion of your garden overnight.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The only way to know for sure is to let them hatch but I know of two harmful things that lay white eggs like the ones shown and in the same pattern too. Stinkbugs and armyworms. I would spray everything in the garden and both sides of the leaves with Neem Oil. If it is army worms they are capable of eating a sizeable portion of your garden overnight.
Thank you, that was helpful because from looking up "army worms" eggs I discovered they are moth eggs.

Any chance you have insight into the other image?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thank you, that was helpful because from looking up "army worms" eggs I discovered they are moth eggs.

Any chance you have insight into the other image?
It looks like beet or spinach leaf miner damage.

Ask a Question