Can you delete your own post after you published it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I've never tried.
You can on some boards, I don't know if this is one of them. But what you can do, is delete the contents and just type "duplicate post" or similar.

At least you can edit a post you've made for but only for a while.

On some hobby boards I can edit a post that's quite old. On one or two others you can't edit anytrhing once you've posted it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yes, you can. The delete button is next to the report and edit button. It's not a button though. It is just printed words. Just click on delete. You must post before you can delete.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10A
Country
United States
Yes, you can. The delete button is next to the report and edit button. It's not a button though. It is just printed words. Just click on delete. You must post before you can delete.

I only see the report link and nothing next to it. No Edit nor Delete. I was able to see the Edit option before but for some reason, I don't see it today. I never saw the Delete option before. I signed in already.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10A
Country
United States
Not sure why that's the case. If that's a bug then it looks like the software needs to be modified to have Edit and Delete appear in posts forever.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Not sure why that's the case. If that's a bug then it looks like the software needs to be modified to have Edit and Delete appear in posts forever.
The time varies but usually no longer than 15 minutes, at least on my computer. I am on Google Chrome. Perhaps the OS has something to do with it? You can private message Ian and perhaps he can figure it out.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
There is a time limit to delete your own posts, if you want one deleting after it has expired then give Ian or me a pm :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10A
Country
United States
How do I PM you? I clicked on your profile and clicked on Start Conversation and sent you a message. Is that the correct way to PM someone?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, all done (y)

Ask a Question