Can we share plants?

Reaction score
Leicestershire- Message me for plant swapping
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
I was looking through the forum for a plant swapping area. I think that used to be done in the past. I notice things sell out online quite fast now with coronavirus issues. I was looking for some alpines if anyone has any? PayPal offers a system of free money transferring for postage & packing material. Otherwise posting you a cheque I guess to cover your material costs- a bit unorthodox though. PayPal is a good mover of monies. It would be nice to share plants I think. I live in the UK so you would need to be from there. Chopping a bit off a big Aubrieta that you wouldn't miss is an example of what could be possible?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum @Garden-Interest:) That is always a good idea, and very often the easiest way to do swaps is with close neighbours. Maybe you could start a swap club in the neighbourhood where you live - anywhere in Kent I wonder?? It`s a good idea to add your county to the information you offer,under your avatar.
I saw one village on TV a while ago where the local people have used a disused telephone box as a seed swap - that appears to be working well. Alternatively, there is always the PM system to arrange offerings :unsure:

Reaction score
Leicestershire- Message me for plant swapping
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum @Garden-Interest:) That is always a good idea, and very often the easiest way to do swaps is with close neighbours. Maybe you could start a swap club in the neighbourhood where you live - anywhere in Kent I wonder?? It`s a good idea to add your county to the information you offer,under your avatar.
I saw one village on TV a while ago where the local people have used a disused telephone box as a seed swap - that appears to be working well. Alternatively, there is always the PM system to arrange offerings :unsure:
I agree. All good ideas. I am disabled really so I struggle with time doing such things but its a good plan for many.

Ask a Question