Can warm weather grass grow up North?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I live in zone 7 and due to a lack of watering and lack of fertilizing, there are some small bare spots in my yard. I plan to list my home for sale in a couple months and I had the crazy idea of trying to grow warm climate grass in the small bare patch areas. Would that work? My yard is a mix of Kentucky blue grass, fescue, and rye. I’m told these grass types won’t grow in July in my area, but I thought this climate is likely ideal for some grass types meant to be grown down south in the spring. If anyone has a suggestion or ideas please share

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I live in zone 7 and due to a lack of watering and lack of fertilizing, there are some small bare spots in my yard. I plan to list my home for sale in a couple months and I had the crazy idea of trying to grow warm climate grass in the small bare patch areas. Would that work? My yard is a mix of Kentucky blue grass, fescue, and rye. I’m told these grass types won’t grow in July in my area, but I thought this climate is likely ideal for some grass types meant to be grown down south in the spring. If anyone has a suggestion or ideas please share
Heat resistant fescue: Titan Rx

Bermuda mixed with Black Kow compost will POP up in the heat.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Thanks. I searched for Titan RX fescue and quickly found Kentucky 31 fescue. Are they by chance similar in any ways?
Stay away from kentucky 31. Its a form of clumpy poa.
"Poa pratensis, commonly known as Kentucky bluegrass, smooth meadow-grass, or common meadow-grass, is a perennial species of grass native to practically all of Europe, North Asia and the mountains of Algeria and Morocco. Wikipedia"

Ask a Question