can someone identify this species (see pict)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank for any information

CARREFOUR_FOLIAGE.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for the close ups of the foliage Ron, but could we have one of the plant a bit further away please. :)
Thank very much you for answering , I attached a pict not so zoomed in.
But I still think that it won´t be enough far .
Soon I will have to go to the place where the jardinière with the foliage is to take more picts. As soon as I have the picts I will post them.

Attachments

• foliage_carrefour.jpg
    foliage_carrefour.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 122
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
The rounded leaves are confusing me, they suggest one of the large family of Pittosporum. The pictured plant looks like it has flower buds too, suggesting winter flowering but Pittosporums flower during spring or summer. Hmmm confusing!

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Someone pls help me with this plant, I googled it it says Chamber bitter, It just suddenly grew in my rocket pot, should i discard this?

Attachments

• 1C09E4A5-920E-45D3-A6F0-2A70BD4B655A.jpeg
    1C09E4A5-920E-45D3-A6F0-2A70BD4B655A.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 165
  • 90315600-359D-4DE2-B4E6-EA2C631A3AA0.jpeg
    90315600-359D-4DE2-B4E6-EA2C631A3AA0.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 151
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Someone pls help me with this plant, I googled it it says Chamber bitter, It just suddenly grew in my rocket pot, should i discard this?
It is best if you start your own thread in identification so the responses and search terms do not produce confusing results.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

I agree, the plant in the OP and Post #4 is a Clusia, most likely Clusia rosea, commonly known as Pitch-apple, Autograph Tree, or Scotch Attorney. Both Clusia and Clusia rosea are native to the New World tropics of Mexico, Central America, South America, Caribbean, Bahamas, and the Florida Keys. The common names Autograph Tree and Scotch Attorney refer to the legendary former use of the leaves as etched calling cards or business cards. Clusia is the type genus of the Pitch-apple Family (Clusiaceae). It is claimed, that even though Clusia rosea produces male and female flowers and is a popular bee plant, only the female flowers are reproductively functional, so all Clusia rosea seed is produced apomictically.

The plant in Post #7 is Chamberbitter (Phyllanthus urinaria), also known as Gripeweed or Stonebreaker. It is native to southern and southeastern Asia, Sri Lanka, Hainan, Taiwan, China, Korea, Japan, Philippines, Indonesia, New Guinea, and Australia; but is also a widespread introduced weed in many other tropical and subtropical areas. Its many common names refer to its use as an herbal medicine for dissolving Gall Stones and Kidney Stones. However, the safety and efficacy of the plant as medicine is not fully known.
Phyllanthus is the type genus of the Leaf-flower Family (Phyllanthaceae).

Ask a Question