Can someone identify these marks on my pea leaves?

Reaction score
The leaves of my sugar snap peas have these white marks and I don't think they are necessarily supposed to be there. Can anyone help me figure out what nutrients my plants are missing? I assume that's the problem. Maybe it's a mite or something? Not the best picture I know, but it's breezy and cold this morning.
20141010_082833.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The leaves of my sugar snap peas have these white marks and I don't think they are necessarily supposed to be there. Can anyone help me figure out what nutrients my plants are missing? I assume that's the problem. Maybe it's a mite or something? Not the best picture I know, but it's breezy and cold this morning.View attachment 3717
From what I can see in the pics it might be the beginning of powdery mildew and if it is it is weather related not something missing in your nutrients. I wouldn't worry too much about it right now but if it starts to spread give them a good spraying with Neem

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
No need for chemicals, even neem.
If it's powdery mildew, spray with a solution, 1 part milk to 9 parts water.
It won't cure all the leaves, but it'll stop it spreading.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
No need for chemicals, even neem.
If it's powdery mildew, spray with a solution, 1 part milk to 9 parts water.
It won't cure all the leaves, but it'll stop it spreading.
I didn't know that. Thanks. That is a lot cheaper than Neem. Will it work on downy mildew as well?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Mildew? I can see something like that as well on some of the plants in our garden. I thought they were pests, so I just cut the leaves and throw them away.

Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be any powdery residue on them. It seems to be dry, I might pick a couple of leaves and look at them under the magnifying glass. Maybe then I can either come up with a better description or maybe get a better photo. That's what I should have done in the first place pick a few leaves then photograph them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
There doesn't seem to be any powdery residue on them. It seems to be dry, I might pick a couple of leaves and look at them under the magnifying glass. Maybe then I can either come up with a better description or maybe get a better photo. That's what I should have done in the first place pick a few leaves then photograph them.
Powdery mildew may or may not have what is regarded as "residue". There are many types and it affects many different plants Sometimes you can rub your finger on it and it will smear or come off of the plant. Sometimes it won't and it looks more like a whiteish stain. To be safe I would do as Bees suggest and use the milk or you could use bicarbonate of soda or you could use neem. I haven't used the milk mixture yet but I have used the soda and neem oil. I like the neem because it seems to be longer lasting than the soda remedy. Maybe Bees can add to this

Ask a Question