Can Rosemary or Lavender survive in India?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
No one is answering or replying to any of my questions. *sigh* :(
Just let me know if you know the answer.
Thank you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
:) Yeah. Oh..okay.I am gonna try it then.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rosemary and lavender are from the Mediterranean region which is dry and hot. They don't like to hang out in wet soil for long but they should love the heat. There are a number of different types of each that have different needs so you should be able to find something that works. The can stand the heat in India, its wet ground that is the question.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Oh.. I think I will have choose specific type of soil then. Well,thanks for the help! :)
Rosemary and lavender are from the Mediterranean region which is dry and hot. They don't like to hang out in wet soil for long but they should love the heat. There are a number of different types of each that have different needs so you should be able to find something that works. The can stand the heat in India, its wet ground that is the question.

Reaction score
I too agree with what has already been said - that as there are so many different varieties of both Rosemary and Lavender - you should have no problem at all growing them in India - especially as they are both - once established - extremely heat resistant and drought tolerant plants that can go for months on end with very little water - but if your climate is prone to very wet winters - it may well be an idea to grow them in pots - so that you can bring them undercover in the winter - as too much water is normally what kills them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I too agree with what has already been said - that as there are so many different varieties of both Rosemary and Lavender - you should have no problem at all growing them in India - especially as they are both - once established - extremely heat resistant and drought tolerant plants that can go for months on end with very little water - but if your climate is prone to very wet winters - it may well be an idea to grow them in pots - so that you can bring them undercover in the winter - as too much water is normally what kills them.
Okay..I had no idea about the that winter thing,Thanks! Hey can you tell me which type of soil suits the best for it?

Reaction score
ongongong - Both can be grown in just about any type of soil - providing it is extremely well drained and the only type of soil that they don't do so well in - is heavy clay.

Ask a Question