Can insectivorous plants be of help?

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I bet that insectivorous plants can be grown intensively by intercropping them with plants that are susceptible to insect pests in the garden. I don't suppose they are likely to pose a threat to beneficial insects since these tend to visit plants during the flowering season. Anyone using this strategy?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
If it helps at all, I had a Venus fly trap that died because of burrowing fungus flies the larvae eventually ate out the roots o_O

Most insect eating plants are very tropical and humidity loving plants, and can be delicate if in inclement weather. Growing them in the ground seems like a potential task...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I bet that insectivorous plants can be grown intensively by intercropping them with plants that are susceptible to insect pests in the garden. I don't suppose they are likely to pose a threat to beneficial insects since these tend to visit plants during the flowering season. Anyone using this strategy?

With you being in the area where lots of carnivorous and carrion plants come from I see no reason not to use them, but remember the don't know the different s from a good bud or a bad one. I grow 3 different type of carrion plants and I fine good bugs as well the bad one in the flowers,

Ask a Question