Can I Sow these Seeds in June?

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi, How R U All! I live in Multan, Punjab, Pakistan. Can i sow Cucumber, Melon(musk melon or cantaloupe) & Watermelon seeds in June:?: Here the temperature is 40-49 C in these days. By the way, i grow fruits & vegetables in pots & containers. Waiting for your reply. Thanking U in anticipation.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi, How R U All! I live in Multan, Punjab, Pakistan. Can i sow Cucumber, Melon(musk melon or cantaloupe) & Watermelon seeds in June:?: Here the temperature is 40-49 C in these days. By the way, i grow fruits & vegetables in pots & containers. Waiting for your reply. Thanking U in anticipation.
100F-120F is HOT. Maybe watermelons but the rest? Maybe. Go ahead and try. Seeds are cheap

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Like @headfullofbees advised, make sure your pots and containers are big enough so you don't have to water hourly. The watermelon should be ok, the others I'm not sure. Your real problem when it gets that hot is the plants getting too dry. You'll have to find a balance though because you don't want to give them too much water either. I'd say go ahead and plant them and good luck. Post pictures if you can when they start growing, I'm curious to see if they'll be ok.

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
If you are doing pot gardening, I think you can plant cucumber. Even though climate is hot in June, this month is a favorable time for most of the vegetables including cucumber. Hot weather is fine with watermelon.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think it would depend on the cost of your seeds. I would imagine it is difficult to find online information for your country, but maybe it is there. This is definitely something where you should google for information specific to your country. However, if seeds are very cheap or free, meh, just plant 1/4 of your seed stash and see how it goes... and then in a few months, plant another 1/4 and document your results with each plant type. And then, maybe when you gather some data, you can be ´the one´ who creates a website so others from you country can look when they ask the same questions.

Ask a Question