Can I combine Jesmine and Passion fruit plants?

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
My small garden has a fully grown jasmine plant in a very healthy condition for many years.
I have planted a small Passion fruit plant next to the jasmine and it is growing very healthily.

My concern is if I let the Passion fruit plant grow in the same garden, it is going to climb on the branches of the jasmine. Is this safe?
I don't want to lose the jasmine plant by this experiment.

Attachments

• plant2.jpeg
    plant2.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 113
  • plant.jpeg
    plant.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
You should be able to maintain both plants in such a situation. Just continue to observe the situation. If one plant grows so vigorously that it appears to be shading out the other plant, prune the more vigorous plant back to maintain balance.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The bigger problem will be the Date(?) palm against the wall. In time it will be a problem for the house as well as crowd out both of the vines. Passion vine grows much faster than Jasmine and really should have more space than you've given it. But really, do something about the palm.

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
The bigger problem will be the Date(?) palm against the wall. In time it will be a problem for the house as well as crowd out both of the vines. Passion vine grows much faster than Jasmine and really should have more space than you've given it. But really, do something about the palm.
Palm/Dates tree just grow and it will be cut off soon

Reaction score
Country
United States
Suchines can be grown close together in a garden situation. It is done all the time and often gives a beautiful effect, especially when bot vines bloom simultaeneously.
Giving recommendations intended to optimize commercial production is not realistic or helpful to home gardeners, where aesthetics, plant pairing, and optimization of limited space should also be considered, not just maximum growth rate and crop production, if any.

Ask a Question